Tailor-made IT solutions designed to fit your business
The System Administrator module is the primary module for system–level access and control of the package. The module provides simple, menu-driven methods for you to establish how the software will work for your business. It also includes a suite of features designed for fast and easy management of common data and program functions throughout the package. If you have needs which extend beyond the common or default settings, the System Administrator module offers you advanced methods to set up the level of functionality that matches your business operations. These advanced methods enable users to define the terminals and printers used throughout the software; create a login security scheme that can be as rigid as you choose; create custom user–specific menus; create and maintain data files; modify standard reports; customize help info and error messages; and maintain macro scripts. The backup and restore feature allows users to make quick backups to the hard drive anytime.
- Select from 14 predefined terminal/monitor types or create your own customized definition
- Configure up to 100 terminals throughout your installation—all from one station—such as keyboard codes and screen colors
- Enter up to 9 different groups of printer control codes for each printer
- Define spooled printers for Novell and SCO Unix
- Establish and control user logins and access levels by creating specific security profiles for each user
- Modify standard report formats
- Customize help and error message
- Create and maintain user–specific custom menus
- Create and maintain macro scripts that will run the software for you
- Simplified backup & restore for quick, temporary backups
- Monitor system status and user activity
The General Ledger module is a stand-alone module that can also be integrated with other modules in the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System. The General Ledger module can produce financial statements based on check and journal entries that can be entered directly into this module or can be updated from other modules. Both 12– and 13–period accounting cycles are supported. Historical totals are retained for each period in the preceding year which is then used to produce comparative analyses and other reports.
General Ledger can receive posting data from any or all of the following modules: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Job Cost and Fixed Assets. The Bank Reconciliation module can gather check and deposit data from General Ledger as part of the bank statement reconciliation process.
The General Ledger module can have an unlimited number of accounts and users can enter an unlimited number of postings. As transactions are entered within General Ledger, several key numbers are displayed and updated: current profit/loss amount; total document amount; and zero proof. Users can also establish recurring journal entries to be posted periodically and can also define automated distributions to department and sub-accounts.
Entries can be posted to the Chart of Accounts whenever you need to and you can post multiple times within a period. As entries are posted, you may manually enter a net profit amount or have the system calculate and post it automatically. Prior period entries are credited to the proper historical periods automatically and flow through to the present to keep your financial statements current.
- Prepares profit/loss statements for up to 1200 separate departments
- Can produce a complete statement of cash flows
- Allows for 12– or 13– period accounting cycles
- Automates end of period and end of year closing procedures
- Prints detailed reports of all entries
- Standard reports allow you to compare profit and loss data for up to 5 periods from the previous year
- Within other modules, chart of accounts numbers are automatically validated
- Compares budgeted and actual balances
- Features GST tracking and tax return worksheet data for Canadian users
- Uses RapidEntry feature to save input time
- Financial statements can be converted to a foreign currency
- Allows you to print separate balance sheet and profit and loss statements
- Performs distributions to department and sub-accounts
- Automatic entry reversal feature
- Prints checks
- Automatically creates department and sub-accounts to simplify setup
- Tracks employees and prints W-2s/1099s for after-the-fact payroll
- Allows for building new GL companies based on an existing one
- Allows for consolidation of GL companies to produce consolidated financial statements
- Comparative analysis of multiple years
The Accounts Payable module makes vendor account management easier for you and your business. Invoices can be manually posted to a vendor’s account through this module or can be updated from the Purchase Orders module. You can pay off as many invoices as you like with one check. Custom check formats can be created through the Modify Reports program of System Administrator. You can view the current status of any vendor at any time or view a vendor’s history. For optimal cash management, the program can produce an aging/forecasting report detailing the amounts owed in each of 5 user-defined brackets.
Accounts Payable can be used stand-alone, or can interact with other modules as needed. Purchase Orders can create invoices in Accounts Payable for received goods; Job Cost can apply payables data to specific work orders and functions; General Ledger can be updated with invoice and check data; and Bank Reconciliation can gather checks from Accounts Payable.
- Handles multiple cash accounts
- Processes checks on an individual or batch basis
- Pays invoices automatically on a user-defined basis
- Credit invoices can be applied against future balances
- Provides an on-screen aging to help you plan future cash needs
- Keeps track of recurring charges
- Stores and prints each vendor’s tax identification number as well as your account number with that vendor
- Web site and email address can be retained for each vendor
- Option to post and pay invoices in one step to quickly generate a check
- Prints 1099-MISC forms
- Invoices can be flagged as on hold or for automatic disbursement
- Checks can be voided after printing
- Maintains detailed check register of both unprinted and printed checks
- Handles manual checks
- The amount of data you retain is limited only by the size of your hard drive
The Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System payroll module brings a new level of flexibility to the payroll process. It can handle everything from the simplest to the most complex payroll applications. It can be used stand-alone or integrated with General Ledger, Job Cost and Bank Reconciliation.
Pay can be computed for hourly, salary, commissioned and contract employees. Deductions can be established for taxes as well as elective benefits. Deductions can be flat amounts or can be calculated through user-defined tables. Deduction tables for federal and all state taxes are supplied with the software.
The module computes and tracks not only employee deductions, but also employer costs for FUTA, SUI/SDI, worker’s compensation and employee benefits such as sick and vacation time. It also allows for personal deductions and the number of dependents to differ between employees. Multiple state and locality taxing can be processed with ease. Up to 255 different union dues calculations can be handled.
Additional employee information may be retained, such as comments on promotions or probation, review instructions and any statements that are not part of the regular employee data. An unlimited amount of data can be entered for each employee.
- Computes payroll for: hourly, salary, commissioned, contract, tipped and salary/coefficient employees
- Pay and deductions can be distributed to an unlimited number of cost centers
- Can post default pay and deductions for each employee automatically—you only post non-standard detail
- Sick and vacation pay can be accrued on a user-definable basis
- Accrued totals can print on checks
- Federal and state tax tables maintained based on data from Commerce Clearinghouse
- Powerful deduction table feature allows for practically any complex deduction calculation
- Payroll checks may be edited and taxes recalculated as many times as you wish prior to printing
- Checks may be voided
- Handles special bonus checks
- Supports daily, weekly, biweekly, bimonthly, monthly and annual pay periods
- Checks can include a detailed stub with all deductions
- Handles employees who work in multiple state and/or localities
- Prepares certified payroll and union affidavits
- Maintains a complete employee history showing deductions, raises and activity status
- Prints worker’s compensation reports
- Accommodates pre-tax deductions including cafeteria plans, 401(k) s etc.
- Automatically prints checks and displays net balances
- Can track direct deposits for up to 4 accounts per employee
- Direct deposit can be done through interface with National Payment Corporation
- Prints 940/941 worksheets
- Prints W-2 and 1099-MISC forms
This powerful yet flexible module makes credit management and customer account administration easier for you and your business. You can track payments by cash, check, 5 different credit cards and miscellaneous (coupons, etc). The due and discount dates for each invoice are computed automatically and can be different for each customer. You can print the minimum payment due and custom messages on customer statements, as well as selectively print service charges, budget totals and deposits. Your receivables can be aged into 5 different user-defined brackets. This module also maintains sales tax details for use in the invoicing modules as well as salesperson commission data.
Accounts Receivable can be used stand-alone or can be integrated with Point of Sale, Billing/Order Entry, Job Cost, Time Billing, and Quick Sale. Each of these modules pull customer data as well as information about sales departments, salespersons and sales tax from Accounts Receivable, while also updating invoice transactions to receivables. In turn, Accounts Receivable can then update consolidated postings to General Ledger for the receivables side of your business.
When used in conjunction with the Inventory module, customer-specific pricing can be set up. This can be done through a customer's pricing class that assigns discounts to groups of Inventory items or through contract pricing where each item is assigned a unique price for a given customer. The two methods are complimentary: the system will use contract pricing if it finds it or the pricing class discount if applicable.
- Processes invoices which can contain taxable freight, non–taxable freight, taxable resale, non–taxable resale, sales tax and discounts
- Prints statements and labels with user-defined ranges
- Retains a complete sales history of customer activity and maintains current accounts
- Records tax charged and collected
- Provides a quick, on-screen view of a customer’s account
- Keeps separate addresses for billing and shipping locations
- Utilizes RapidEntry to facilitate entry of customer data
- Customers can be added ‘on-the-fly’ from other modules
- Real–time credit card verification through interface with X-Charge software
- Tracks credit card discount fees automatically
- Has option to age accounts with no activity or to age only past due customers
- Automatically posts recurring invoices, including declining balance
- Posts automatic service charges and can optionally take into account previous service charges
- Allows for changes in limits and bases of existing tax codes
- Identifies preferred and slow-paying customers
- Provides balance forward or open invoice methods of AR tracking
- Provides for dunning messages on statements
- Can search for customers by number, name or phone number
- Handles up to 255 different tax areas and works with graduated taxes
- Calculates salesperson commissions based on sales, payments, profit and profit margin
- Handles salesperson commissions with dollar break levels
- Handles multi-level salesperson commissions
- Pricing class discounting can be used to give customers discounts on groups in items
- Contract pricing allows each customer to be assigned unique pricing for individual items
- View program displays customers to be contacted for collections
- Tracks statistical data for customers, which includes:
- Total number of invoices
- Total number of payments
- Total number of service charges
- Total invoice amount
- Average invoice amount
- Greatest invoice amount
- Greatest balance amount
- Average payment days
The Inventory Control module gives you the ability to handle your inventory your way. As one of the most flexible and comprehensive modules in the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System, you can choose the level of control that best suits your specific business needs. Your inventory can be valued on a LIFO, FIFO or Average cost basis. You can choose to use parts explosions, serialized inventory, parts allocations, vendors, warehouses and an audit trail. The system can also track the quantity sold for each item for the last 12 months and, using this data, provides a sales analysis report to help you better manage your stock. Financing is aided by the serialized aged report that shows which serialized items have been in your inventory the longest and how much you have outstanding. Pricing can be standardized by rounding to a given factor or by being set to a specific suffix. With the Below Minimum report, reordering stock is automatic and accurate. Inventory Control is a stand–alone module that can also be integrated with Purchase Orders, Point of Sale, Billing/Order Entry, Job Cost, Time Billing and Quick Sale.
- 21–character alphanumeric item number field
- Lookup on item number, item description (21 characters) and group (15 character) fields
- Tracks serialized items
- Allows for superseded, preceded and substitute items
- Unlimited additional descriptions can be added to items
- Handles markup and gross profit cost basis
- Can automatically update item pricing and discounts
- Handles core pricing
- Produces a re–order report based on minimum stock quantities
- Tracks unlimited vendors per item and recommends a ‘best’ vendor
- Tracks allocations including explosion allocations
- Up to 254 discounts per item, including quantity break discounts
- Unit conversions can be defined for each item for both buying and selling quantities
- Allows for warehouse transfers and other quantity adjustments
- Set up special sale dates for item discounting
- Produces physical inventory forms
- Imports physical inventory and received quantities from data collected with hand-held computers
- Provides up to 255 levels of parts explosion to allow you to identify all components of your assembled stock
- Automatically updates cost and price on explosion items based on subassembly changes
- Reports the best and worst selling items in each of eight different categories
- Tracks items by location or quantity in multiple warehouses
- Can automatically generate items based on a template item
- Utilizes RapidEntry to facilitate entry of item data
- Items can be added ‘on-the-fly’ from other modules
- Complete item catalogs can be imported with the Import Data module
- Pricing can be rounded to a user-defined factor or set to a specific suffix
The Purchase Orders module goes to extraordinary lengths to keep your purchasing headaches gone for good. Never again will you have to wonder where your materials are, how much you will need and who gave you the best price on a certain item the last time you ordered it. This module is designed to prepare orders to send to vendors for both stock and non–stock items.
With the Purchase Orders module, you can review your level of activity with each vendor, giving you leverage in negotiating better pricing. Purchase orders can be generated automatically or manually and can be changed or deleted at any time. You can order and receive stock for several locations and the program will even help you plan for future scheduled deliveries. Product can be received into stock and made available for sale with or without an invoice from your vendor.
While the Purchase Orders module can be used stand-alone, it really shines when interfaced with Inventory, Accounts Payable, Job Cost and Order Entry, giving you complete control over the purchasing of your stock.
- Automatically creates orders for items below minimum quantity
- Prints a forecast of items to be received
- Posts orders and receipts to Inventory in real time
- Orders and receives items for multiple warehouses
- Prints a complete audit of items ordered and received
- Helps you plan for future deliveries
- Tracks item and purchase order status by item, department and vendor
- Allows processing of both inventory and non–inventory items
- Can print the vendor’s SKU on the purchase order
- Bar code scanners can be used to receive items
- Costs may be edited at time of receiving
- Receiving can be posted by exception for large orders with just a few backorders
- Set up recurring POs for items purchased regularly, including declining balance blanket POs
- Print receiving forms to streamline the movement of inventory into stock
- Allows you to purge expired POs
- Allows you to copy and update your AP vendors to the PO module to eliminate double entry
The Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System Point of Sale module brings a new level of automation to the retail sales process. It acts as a counter sales system and is dependent on the receivables module to function. Point of Sale can also interact with the Inventory Control and Customer Information modules to give you the power you need to operate your retail business more efficiently.
This module prepares taxable and non–taxable invoices for both cash and AR customers. Cash customer information can be transferred to the Customer Information module to allow you to gather data for future marketing campaigns. As invoices are entered, the system automatically knows what, if any, taxes to calculate and what, if any, discounts to automatically apply.
You have the ability to generate estimates or put an invoice on hold to be retrieved later for final processing. Picking tickets and receipts may be printed in either a 40 or 80 column format. The Point of Sale module also has an option to allow you to view item detail such as discounts, references, warehouse quantities and serial data. Preset items can be established and used to represent non–inventory items such as delivery or set up fees or presets can be a shorthand way of retrieving inventory items. Kits may be built on the fly for items that are priced as a package deal and you can control what detail prints on the invoice for a given kit.
The module can interface with electronic cash drawers, display bars, bar code scanners and can process credit cards in real time through an interface with the X-Charge credit card processing software.
- Layaway transactions can be processed from any Point of Sale terminal
- Serial numbers can be entered when invoicing
- Real time updates to Inventory and Accounts Receivable
- Supports bar code scanners, electronic cash drawers and display bars
- Password protection and detailed audits provide security
- Easily handles unlimited numbers of split payment types (cash, check, credit card, coupons and charges to account)
- Allows for items to be sold from multiple warehouses
- Each type of transaction can be automatically routed to different printers
- Create and print estimates, then turn them into live invoices
- Permits preset items to process non-inventory sales such as food and services
- Look–up windows help speed order processing
- Separate Full and Quick invoicing screens allow you to choose the level of control you want
- Handles drawer paid outs
- Take customer deposits and account payments
- Lost sales analysis tool allows you to see what your customers want but you don’t carry
- Cashier drawer reconciliation supported
- Send cash customer data to the Customer Information module to do marketing for repeat business
- Real time credit card and check guarantee processing through interface with the X-Charge software
- Archive option allows storage of invoices online to save on paper trail and produce powerful reports
- While invoicing, can display the price paid by a customer for the last 5 sales of a given item
- Allows for 'out of stock' sales but can warn of this situation
- Estimates can be saved and modified as needed
The Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System Billing module gives you a simple, efficient and reliable way to gain control over your billing process. When interacting with the Inventory and Order Entry modules, it gives your business a powerful and complete ordering/invoicing package.
After orders are entered in the Order Entry module, they are transferred to the Billing module for shipping and invoicing. The quantity shipped, ordered and backordered is shown for each item on an order and you can choose to also include items that are completely backordered but not shipped with the current invoice. Entire ranges of orders can be transferred at one time or you can pick and choose specific orders to transfer. The built–in flexibility of these modules allows you to determine what you do and when you do it.
The Billing module allows you to assign invoice numbers manually or you can have the system generate them automatically. Your billing period can be as long or as short as you choose—you don’t have to print or update any program on a regular basis. Of course, to record monthly figures in Accounts Receivable, you would want to close Billing at least once per month. After invoices are updated, they can be retained for reference purposes in either the live data or a separate, archive company. This historical archive allows you to quickly retrieve any invoice and create powerful management reports.
The software allows for up to 255 different ship-to addresses for each customer. Freight charges may be automatically calculated and displayed on each invoice based on the zip code of the ship–to address and the total weight or value of the items being invoiced. Your billing person has the option to change carrier selection, payment terms, discounts, customer’s automatic discounting class, tax codes, drop ship status, and other shipping details such as COD and acknowledgment of delivery.
- Prepares invoices with prices, discounts, tax and shipping charges
- Prints packing labels, shipping manifests and invoice summaries
- Creates invoices for orders entered through the Order Entry module
- Provides salesperson, item, sales history and audit analysis reports
- Unlimited messages can be added to invoices
- Invoices can be changed as needed prior to updating
- Prints invoices on plain paper or to pre–printed forms
- Both inventory and non-inventory items can be invoiced
- Allows for entry of carrier tables to automate calculation of freight charges
- Prints serialized detail on the invoice
- Option to display and/or edit item costs during invoice entry
- Allows for multiple invoices for one order
- Invoice items from multiple locations/warehouses
- Invoices can be saved internally, eliminating the need to file paper copies
- Take payments either manually or with the X-Charge credit card interface
- Comes with customizable standard rate tables for UPS, Federal Express and USPS
- While invoicing, can display the price paid by a customer for the last 5 sales of a given item
One great advantage to using the Order Entry module of the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System is the built-in flexibility. Separate processes for order entry and billing gives you the ability to have one group responsible for posting shipments into the system and another group responsible for shipping to and invoicing the customer.
In addition to orders, you can prepare estimates for customer approval before the order is actually placed into the processing stream. When the estimate is approved it can be turned into an order with a few keystrokes. After allocating the inventory item and reducing the quantity available for sale, the module can produce reports based on Inventory data which tell you what items need to be purchased to fulfill outstanding orders. Picking tickets can be produced that give your warehouse personnel a clear picture of which items to pull and where they are. After the pulled items are posted as picked, the order is ready to be transferred to Billing for shipment and invoicing. If necessary, Order Entry can also generate Purchase Orders for drop shipments, thereby ensuring your customers get what they ordered. Service data, such as a problem description and up to 5 resources assigned to the order, can be entered.
The credit security feature of Order Entry helps you monitor customers who have exceeded their assigned credit limit or are over a user–defined number of days past due. This allows you to catch possible credit risks before they become major headaches.
- Order numbers may be manually or automatically assigned
- Your customer’s outstanding balance and aging may be displayed during order entry
- Inventory item status and availability can be reviewed
- Freight charges can be automatically calculated
- Picking tickets can be quickly printed for rapid order fulfillment
- Picking tickets can sort item detail in a variety of ways
- Picking tickets can list all the parts required to produce explosion items on an order
- Picking tickets can consolidate items from multiple orders
- Option to display and/or edit item costs during order entry
- Reviews outstanding orders by order date or by date promised
- Orders are transferred to the Billing module for invoicing
- The quantity available for an item is reduced as orders are entered
- Can create purchase orders for drop ship orders
- Backorder notices can be printed to keep your customers informed of the status of their orders
- View option to examine orders by customer, salesperson and item
- Option to purge expired orders
- Bar code scanners can be used to enter picked items
- While invoicing, can display the price paid by a customer for the last 5 sales of a given item
- Schedules can be viewed or printed for the allocated resources
- Brief descriptions can be entered for service order data
No job is too tough for the Job Cost module of the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System. From construction to light manufacturing, if you need to track costs, you can rely on Job Cost to meet your needs.
Complex job estimates can be prepared quickly and easily and, when approved, quickly turned into active work orders. All costs—employee, material, overhead for labor and material and other—can be tracked in detail for all phases of a job. A huge variety of management reports give you the detail you need to control many jobs at once. Labor costs can be updated from Payroll; purchase orders for required material can be generated by Job Cost; and material can be pulled from Inventory or from the job site stock. Several reports allow you to see at a glance how the actual data posted to a job compares to your estimated requirements.
- Creates estimates that can be turned into work orders
- Tracks labor costs, overhead and material costs
- Employee activity sheet compares estimated to actual time
- Subtotals work orders by job number automatically
- Updates costs and charges to General Ledger
- Overhead for labor and material can be calculated automatically or posted manually
- Both inventory and non–inventory items can be used
- Prepares variance reports to compare estimate and actual data
- Prints reports by job, work order, function, material or employee
- Creates purchase orders for needed materials
- Calculates and tracks retainage automatically
- Computes total cost, percent to bill and bill amount for an invoice
- Work orders can be billed based on estimated, actual or a cost plus percentage basis
- View programs allow you to quickly review vital data
The Customer Information module is a simple yet powerful database designed to keep track of several different types of data from other modules. Data such as mailing addresses and phone numbers can be captured in Point of Sale from your walk in customers and updated to the Customer Information module to allow you to do sophisticated marketing. This can be combined with customer data from Accounts Receivable to allow you to target the widest possible range of your customer base. From Inventory, sales data for serialized items such as date sold, price paid and who bought it can be updated to Customer Information to help you track and maintain product warranty information. This module can also be used in a variety of other ways such as tracking your company’s promotional events or keeping tabs on important distributor data.
- Analyzes customer activity by purchase or territory
- Develops and maintains files for non–AR customers
- Identifies and tracks prospective customers
- Follows warranty claims and service information
- Manipulates stored information for mailings
- Tracks distributor information, publicity events and promotional schedules
The Bank Reconciliation module helps you make quick work of the reconciliation of your bank statement with the data in the system. This module may be used stand–alone, but can gather checks from Payroll, Accounts Payable and General Ledger as well as deposit data from General Ledger. It can accommodate multiple bank accounts and produce a separate reconciliation for each bank. In addition to checks and deposits, you can enter other types of transactions such as bank fees and adjustments. As part of the monthly reconciliation process, the figures posted to this module are balanced with the cash account totals from General Ledger.
- Allows quick posting of transaction status
- Tracks transactions in multiple checking accounts
- Prints a complete audit trail of all transactions
- Automatically gathers check data from General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Payroll
- Forwards outstanding checks to the next bank statement
- Gathers deposit data from General Ledger
- Posts by check number only or by number and amount
- Allows for manual entry of bank service charges, stop payments and returned or non-negotiable items
The Quick Sale module allows your computer to function as an electronic cash register in a high-volume retail environment. Invoices are processed extremely fast and your back office is not locked out of crucial data thanks to the batch processing design of this module. This batch processing also makes Quick Sale the ideal module for invoicing at remote locations that then update your central office at day’s end.
To keep overall processing time to a minimum, you can specify which fields the cursor should stop at and which fields to skip for each cashier. Just like a grocery store cash register, items are printed on the receipt as they are entered on the invoice. The drawer reconciliation within Quick Sale is a powerful tool to control employee theft.
Quick Sale can work with bar code scanners, alphanumeric display bars, electronic cash drawers and the X-Charge credit card and check guarantee software.
- Handles up to 100 terminals simultaneously at each location
- Simplifies check-out sales with optional instructional training mode prompts
- Processes multiple payment types: cash, checks, credit cards, coupons, gift certificates and charges to account
- Consolidates transactional operations from remote locations to a central office
- Security controls to limit the processing of returns, discounts, voids, NSF checks and paid-outs
- Drawers can have automatic drop amounts to limit the cash in a register
- Option to regenerate export file, provided the transactions have not been cleared
- Optional Manager key can limit access to:
- Returned goods
- Price changes
- Credit memos
- Checks in excess of the sale amount (up to a predefined limit)
- Quantity changes
- Non–inventory sales
- Voiding a transaction
The Office module of Quick Sale is used in conjunction with the Store module. This module is loaded on the central location’s computer and handles the processing of files between the home office and the remote locations. The Office module creates an export file of customer and item data from the Accounts Receivable and Inventory modules. This export file can be general for all stores or can be specific so that each store only has a subset of your customers and/or items. After the remote locations generate and send the transactional update file to the home office, this module then processes those sales into the central A/R and Inventory.
- Option to generate store–specific export files
- Option to only export items in the Inventory audit trail
- Ability to process multiple days transactions at once
- Controls up to 32,767 separate store locations
The Time Billing module is designed to meet the unique needs of those businesses and professionals that require the billing of time—accounting for every minute of every day. From law offices to plumbing contractors, the Time Billing module can handle your application.
By tracking all resources used to complete procedures and all procedures required for a project, Time Billing provides you with accurate cost and profit figures for each phase of your work. This data also provides you with a picture of which resources (employees or items) and which clients are the most or least profitable.
To make this module easy to use in a wide variety of businesses, the user can define the labels for the three tracking units: resources, procedures and projects. Therefore, rather than posting resources, the user can post time/material; rather than working on a project, the user is working on a case.
The module handles various billing methods including cost plus percent, percent of recovery, flat rate and capped billing, as well as actual. It also allows for escrow, retainage and deposits. Invoices can be consolidated by client or by project.
- Tracks unlimited number of clients and projects
- Handles escrow, retainage and prepayments
- Prepares estimates that can be transferred to active projects
- Prints detailed or summarized invoices with unlimited message detail
- Can automatically charge a different amount for an employee when different procedures are performed
- Compares actual costs to estimates, including amount and percent
- Provides instant access to all current client and project balances
- Offers unique labels for industry-specific terminology
- Consolidates invoices by client or project
This powerful module allows you to summarize the data generated in other modules of the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System through one simple procedure. Summit gives top management a timely snapshot of important information essential for the day–to–day operation of your business. The totals of various accounting functions can be captured and retained to give you an instant look at specific areas of your business as well as tracking historical patterns. These totals can be compiled from the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Purchase Orders, Point of Sale, Billing, Order Entry, Job Cost and Time Billing modules. You can choose to report on these activities simultaneously or individually.
There are a total of 63 pre–defined data elements available from which to build your reports. You can view selected account balances, profit percentage, value of inventory and total labor/materials posted. You can create separate reports to reflect purchasing activity, retail activity, aging and forecasting of Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable balances plus a host of other possibilities.
- Combines up to 63 pre-defined data elements on a single report
- Gathers summary data from 10 other modules
- Presents selected data in bar graph format
- Instantly displays processed reports on-screen
- Lines up procedures to process at specific times
- Provides specific summarized reports on request for time reduction
Accounting for asset depreciation has never been easier than with the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System Fixed Assets module. Five of the most common depreciation methods and the 4 most common first–year conventions are available for calculating and tracking depreciation amounts. You can choose either automatic or manual computations and you can print your reports sorted by one of 16 different fields. With quick on–screen inquiries, you can track assets for tax and financial reporting. The module records asset locations, serial numbers and up to 12 asset types, 4 of which are user–defined.
- Uses any of 5 computational methods for calculating depreciation:
- Alternative ACRS
- Alternative MACRS
- Supports the common first year conventions: Mid-month, Mid–quarter, Half Year and Full Year
- You can use the automatic depreciation amounts or manually enter your own figures
- Assets can be entered at any point during their depreciation cycle
- Amortization program included to calculate both simple and compounded interest loans
- Records asset location and serial numbers
- 12 asset types are available:
- Business Equipment
- Office Furniture
- Data Processing Equipment
- Miscellaneous Equipment
- Commercial Property
- Non–commercial Property
- Luxury Vehicles
- 4 user-defined types
- Accommodates ITC/TEFRA adjustments, Section 179, Section 1245/1250 recapture amounts and Section 1231 gain amounts
- Provides quick on–screen inquiries of asset status
- Analyzes pre–purchase depreciation options
- Separate tracking of assets for tax and financial purposes
This powerful module enables you to create custom reports based on multiple data files and merge information between various modules. In addition to generating reports based on combinations of fields from different modules, you can add your own numeric fields that perform calculations under conditions you select. This module creates new reports defined to meet your specific needs.
- Variety of formatting options (such as commas, dollar signs and leading fill) available for numeric fields
- Dates can be displayed and processed in a variety of ways
- Allows you to calculate with date arithmetic
- User defined security on each report
- Handles complex calculations that you define
- Conditions handle IF–THEN–ELSE logic
- Quick Report option allows you to generate a fully formatted new report in seconds
- Batch mode to allow several reports to be run unattended
- Range selections can be created for any field from any file on the report
- Records can be printed multiple times for producing labels
- Reports can be sorted in order by any combination of fields in the primary file
- Customized prompts allow you to capture and print vital data as reports are printed
- Variables can be inserted to aid future modifications
This module allows you to transfer master record information from other databases into the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System. The source import file can have multiple record types. Because Import Data can only import from files with fixed length fields, a program is included that will massage delimited data, producing a file that the import program can process. Data can be imported into the customer master of Accounts Receivable; the item master of Inventory Control; the vendor master of Accounts Payable and the customer master of Customer Information.
- Can process both single or multiple source record types
- Imports data from user–specified positions in the source file
- Allows you to select a range of records to import
- You can import specific fields within a record
- Imports from fixed field length ASCII files
- Has ability to perform mathematical operations on numeric fields
- User can define constant data for fields as records are imported
- Unlimited number of user–defined import templates
- Can also be used to update existing information–great for importing price lists
The eFile Prep module generates the files for submitting W-2 and 1099-MISC reports for government filing. In 1987, the Federal government ruled that any company submitting over 250 W-2 or 1099 forms per year (and not eligible for a hardship waiver) must file these returns electronically. Once the file is generated, you can submit it to the appropriate government agency by sending the file electronically via the internet. Both the Internal Revenue Service and the Social Security Administration have given basic approval for the files generated by eFile Prep. However, it is each user’s responsibility to ensure that the data sent is acceptable. In each particular application, it is possible that the file(s) generated will not conform to IRS/SSA requirements.
- Formats data in accordance with current federal requirements
- Can produce state W-2 records in conformance to federal guidelines
- Reports regular and contract employees from the Payroll module
- Extracts reseller and salesperson data from Accounts Receivable
- Can include appropriate vendor information from Accounts Payable
- Handles dependent care, fringe benefits, employer insurance and 401(k) reporting
- You choose to have coverage for Insurance Over $50,000 add into state wages or not
- Flags possible errors in the output file
- Easy to use editing program allows you to make manual changes to the submission files if necessary
- Can be run as often as necessary
The Screen Builder module gives you the ability to customize the data entry screens of the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System, tailoring them to the specific needs of your business. These changes may be simple, such as changing the word Customer to Client or they may be more extensive, such as translating entire screens into a foreign language. You also have a limited ability to move fields and to alter how the data in those fields is displayed.
- Change the text of field descriptions on data entry screens
- Limited ability to define cursor path
- Option to change the look of a field’s display
- Rewrite screen text into another language
- Tailor the displayed text to your business
- Updating your screens after loading new versions is a simple process
The File Fixer module provides a method of removing invalid data from the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System files. This module also has the option to shrink the size of files when they’ve gotten larger than is needed. The Analyze option allows you to review files for potential problems without actually changing anything. Depending on the printed results of the Analyze, you may need to run the Repair option or make adjustments within the module to correct the detected problems. The Repair option fixes the problems by either resetting header data or clearing fields of the invalid data. After Repairing files, the user may still need to work with the data within the module to recreate the lost data. The Shrink option recaptures unused records within the file and at the end of the file. After Shrinking, files must be expanded to accommodate normal processing. The Fast Shrink option recaptures the unused records at the end of a file-this is especially useful immediately after a file has been oversized in error.
- Analyze option allows you to review potential problems before actually changing data files
- Fast Shrink allows you to recover from accidental expansions
- Shrink compacts the data and makes the files as small as possible
- Repair resets header data and cleans fields of invalid data
- Reports all changes for review in both Analyze and Repair modes
The File Maintenance module provides a powerful tool for editing and analyzing your data and records. It allows you to directly view and edit the fields in your data files. Because of the powerful potential inherent in the direct editing of data fields, only experienced users should ever attempt to edit data with this module. The Edit option allows you to directly access the fields in your data files. Any data file in the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System can be accessed and the overwhelming majority of fields can be edited. The View option allows you to look at data without modifying it. The Delete option allows you to remove the selected record from the file. Delete is an extremely potent option and should only be used in extraordinary circumstances. All three options allow you to search for specific data in a file.
- Allows direct viewing or editing of the Roundtable Software Advantage Accounting System data files
- Can make modifications at the file and field level without affecting related date files
- Allows analysis of both header and detail records in the data files
- Provides the format and allows for correction of each data field individually
- Allows for deletion of individual records
The Windows Print Service program allows you to print directly from RTS-Advantage to any named Windows printer. The list of Windows printers is displayed in RTS-Advantage so that users can select the printer name rather than needing to remember the LPT devices for each printer.
- Displays available Windows printer names in RTS-Advantage
- Allows you to choose a font for printing (only monospaced fonts recommended)
- Can define the number of lines per page
- Page breaks can be added to the end of print jobs
The RTS-Advantage Windows Launchpad provides a central location from which to access the RTS-Advantage Accounting System. In addition to accessing the main accounting package, Launchpad provides buttons to access the online Book of Knowledge and the Data Export Tool utility as well as buttons to Monitor user activity, set Environment variables and attach to our web page.
Launchpad gives you the option to load RTS-Advantage in either single or multiple session mode. In single session mode, every time you click on the RTS-Advantage button, a new instance of the software will load but it will always have the same terminal and session ID number. Under multiple session mode, each new copy of RTS-Advantage will have the same terminal number but a new session ID will be assigned. This prevents the inevitable errors that resulted previously when multiple windows were running with the same terminal number. The session ID numbers have been added to allow multiple windows to run without the conflicts encountered with duplicate terminal numbers.
- Central location from which to access RTS-Advantage
- Easily set environment variables
- Access the Book of Knowledge
- Run the Data Export Tool (requires separate purchase of that product)
- Monitor user activity